Sun, April 9, 2017
Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:00 pm (event ends at 10:00 pm)Trees
This event is all ageshttps://www.treesdallas.com/event/1397034/
Their fame also extends to the US, where they made their stateside debut in 2000 with a showcase at SXSW. Since then, they've not only toured the nation, but have also featured in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, and had Cartoon Network launch their namesake series, "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi" in 2004, which was aired in over 110 countries worldwide. They were also the only Japanese music act to have featured in GAP's worldwide fashion campaign in 2007, shot by Annie Leibovitz. They were most recently invited to San Diego Comic-Con in 2014. Still at the forefront of pop culture in Japan, Puffy AmiYumi will celebrate their 20th anniversary in 2016 with more surprises up their fashionable sleeves.
• In the course of their 20-year long career, Puffy AmiYumi have released 11 full-
length albums, 37 singles, 3 greatest hits albums, 5 special project albums, and 5 North American albums, totaling up to a staggering 20 million CDs sold.
• Foreign musicians such as Avril Lavigne, Butch Walker, Andy Sturmer, Dexter Holland, etc., have written original songs for Puffy AmiYumi.
• Puffy AmiYumi have won numerous prestigious awards in Japan including:
• “Best Newcomer” at the Japan Record Award (equivalent of the Grammy’s)
• “Best Jeanist Award” – for fashion leaders in the denim industry
• “Pop Album of the Year” at the Japan Gold Disc Awards
• The duo hosted their own name-sake TV talk show, “Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Puffy” from 1997 to 2002 where they interview famous celebrities from in and out of Japan, including Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stallone, Lenny Kravitz, Aerosmith, etc.
• Puffy AmiYumi were made into a Cartoon Network series, titled “Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi,” which aired from 2004 to 2006 over three seasons in over 110 countries around the world. The duo were also featured in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in 2005, where they performed the theme song on their own parade float.
• Puffy AmiYumi were the only Japanese musicians to take part in GAP’s 2007 “CLASSICS REDEFINED” worldwide campaign, along side John Mayer, Lucky Liu, Liev Schreiber, Forest Whitaker, Ken Watanabe, etc.
Live broadcast: http://www.watchonairlive.com/stream1
On Demand: http://www.watchonairlive.com/the-flying-burrito
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DbmFm
2709 Elm Street
Dallas, TX, 75226